This website policy applies to Finstro, which is owned and operated on behalf of FC Capital Holdings Pty Ltd ACN 605 121 364 and its related bodies corporate (we, us and our).
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy explains how your personal information will be treated as you access and interact with Finstro.
Collection and use of information
We may collect personal information from you directly or via your use of our services. We will only collect personal information which is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, our functions or activities.
Use of Finstro
Functionality of Finstro
Finstro has the following functions:
- Finstro is a Cash Management Tool which allows subscriber (including if you are on a free trial) to synchronize with your cloud based accounting software for cashflow analysis with payment reminders, collection services, automated payments, and customer credit alerts.
- Finstro allows credit checks and searches to be conducted on customers and suppliers. Finstro subscribers will be informed of the relevant charges when conducting such searches.
Compatibility and Data Synchronization with other software
Finstro has the ability to synchronize between your cloud based accounting software and Finstro in order to view real time business intelligence.
Any sales, purchases and cash balance data appearing in Finstro is a result of the synchronization process between the subscribers of the cloud based accounting software and Finstro. Finstro is not responsible for any acts or omissions or any other matter relating to your use of cloud based accounting software.
Sensitive information is any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information.
We will not ask you to disclose sensitive information, but if you elect to provide sensitive information it will also be captured and stored.
Your IP address is the identifier for your computer when you are using the internet.
It may be necessary for us to collect your IP address for your interaction with various parts of Finstro.
You must ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access Finstro are kept secure and confidential. You must immediately inform Finstro of any unauthorized access or breach of security along with taking all reasonable actions to maintain or enhance the security of Finstro’s services.
As a condition of these terms, when using Finstro you must:
- not attempt to interfere with the operational integrity of Finstro or overload the system;
- not use, or misuse, Finstro in any way which may disrupt the functionality of the website, or other systems used to deliver the service;
- not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any materials other than those which you have been given express permission to access;
- not transmit, or enter into Finstro, any files, whether synchronised from your cloud based accounting software or through manual inputs, that may damage any other person’s computing devices, content that may be offensive or exploit sensitive information, or material or data in contravention of any law; and
- not attempt to modify, reproduce, adapt or decompile any computer programs used to support or operate Finstro except as is necessary to use either of them for normal operation.
You indemnify FC Capital Holdings Pty Ltd against any liability, loss, claims, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by FC Capital Holdings Pty Ltd arising from your negligence, misrepresentation, fraud, breach of law or breach of these terms.
When you send a completed online application to us, we retain the information contained in that application. We are able to then use that information to provide any financial services that you require.
You can also suspend and save online applications, so you can complete and send the applications at a later time. If you suspend or save your application, the information that you have entered will be retained in our systems so that you may recover the information when you resume your application. Online applications that have been suspended or saved may be viewed by us.
Information from third parties
Our website also contains links to the websites of third party providers of goods and services (Third Party websites). If you have accessed Third Party websites through our website and if those third parties collect information about you, we may also collect or have access to that information as part of our arrangements with those third parties
Where you access a Third Party website from our website, cookie information, information about your preferences or other information you have provided about yourself may be shared between us and the third party.
Advertising and tracking
When you view our advertisements on a Third Party website, the advertising company uses ‘cookies’ and in some cases ‘web beacons’ to collect information such as:
- the server your computer is logged onto;
- your browser type;
- the date and time of your visit; and
- the performance of their marketing efforts.
When you access our website after viewing one of our advertisements on a Third Party website, the advertising company collects information on how you utilise our website (eg which pages you view) and whether you complete an online application.
We use ‘cookies’ to provide you with better and more customised service and with a more effective website.
A ‘cookie’ is a small text file placed on your computer by our web page server. A cookie can later be retrieved by our webpage servers. Cookies are frequently used on websites and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your internet browser.
- to allocate a unique number to your internet browsers;
- to customise our website for you;
- for statistical purposes;
- to identify if you have accessed a Third Party Website; and
- for security purposes.
You agree that your use of Finstro will be governed by all applicable laws of New South Wales, or where applicable, Australia.
Security of information
The security of your information is very important to us.
We regularly review developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the information in our systems from misuse, interference, loss, and any unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We take reasonable steps to preserve the security of cookie and personal information in accordance with this policy. If your browser is suitably configured, it will advise you whether the information you are sending us will be secure (encrypted) or not secure (unencrypted).
We will not use or disclose sensitive information about you for direct marketing purposes unless you have consented to that kind of use or disclosure.
We may use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us or from other organisations, or wish to know the source of the information being used, you may send an email to email@example.com with ‘USUBSCRIBE’ in the subject. We will respond to your request as soon as practicable.
Disclosure to overseas entities
We do not generally disclose personal information obtained from cookies to overseas entities in the course of our activities.
Please contact us on if you would like further information.
Availability and accuracy of information and Finstro
We will do everything possible to ensure that Finstro is always available to you. However, we do not warrant that Finstro will operate at any time, and Finstro may be temporarily unavailable (for example, when we are conducting maintenance on Finstro). You should promptly advise us of any faults or unavailability.
We may from time to time and without notice to you:
- place limits on the nature of transactions that can be made and the information that can be obtained using Finstro; or
- change the software, system or equipment required to access Finstro. It is your responsibility to supply and maintain any software or equipment (such as a personal computer, internet browser, modem or touch tone telephone) that may be necessary for you to access Finstro.
We may change, suspend, cancel or deny access to Finstro at any time without prior notice to you.
Subject to any rights or warranties which cannot be excluded by reason of any law, including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or similar state or territory legislation, FC Capital Holdings Pty Ltd makes no representation or warranty with respect to the use of Finstro and accepts no liability for any loss or damage whether direct, indirect or consequential arising out of access, use (or inability to use or access in whole or in part) or reliance upon, any information or services contained on or accessed through Finstro (including information contained in sites linked to the Finstro website). To the extent permitted by law, where law prohibits any part of this disclaimer, FC Capital Holdings Pty Ltd’s liability is limited to re-supply of any information or services or the cost of re-supply of information or services. Use of any product and services accessible through the Finstro is subject to the terms and conditions governing use of those products and services.
Failure to pay monthly subscription fee
If you fail to pay the monthly subscription fee associated with your use of Finstro as and when due, we may cancel your access to Finstro from the date that is the last day of the calendar month after the calendar month in which the monthly fee is due to be paid.